Baby otocinclus?

Ohad

On 3/17/2023 at 5:16 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Hmmm. Not the right shape...but was it free swimming or stuck to the side of the tank? 

This is a baby Oto (a few days old, though, they are typically translucent for the first few days of life):

image000000(140).jpg

Free swimming, and I did add some new plants. This is crazy. Ok if it's not a baby otocinclus, I will go ahead and change the water, and if it will survive we will know. 

On 3/17/2023 at 5:23 PM, Ohad said:

Free swimming, and I did add some new plants. This is crazy. Ok if it's not a baby otocinclus, I will go ahead and change the water, and if it will survive we will know. 

probably an egg that came in on the plants, and hatched, they are sneaky like that.

• Like 1

The baby fish survived a 50% water change and a massive plants trimming.

He is smarter then I though and is swimming like he is the boss of the tank . Any idea what fish it could be then?  I will hate if he will be a lonely fish 

• Love 2

It's hard to tell scale in pics sometimes but it looks like a fry of a small species of fish. Doesn't look like a live bearer to me tbh. Almost reminds me of my pseudomugil furcata fry only without the blue eye. If it is as tiny as it appears, then I suggest feeding it super tiny food. I use Sera micro food but I know there are others. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 3:58 PM, PineSong said:

As always, jealous of those who have mystery fry! Happy to live vicariously and follow along to find out what the little one is!

Same. I also get jelly of people who get cool hitchhikers in online orders that aren't snails. I saw a post once where someone got a bonus pom pom crab. 

• Love 1