Hello from Indiana!

magsie

Hello! My name is Maggie. I'm 22 years old, I live in Indiana, and I have 6 tanks:

Tank 1- 10 gallons, 1 male betta

Tank 2- 5.5 gallons, badis breeding tank (empty)

Tank 3- 10 gallons, 2 female scarlet badis

Tank 4- 10 gallons, 2 male scarlet badis, 2 guppies

Tank 5- 5.5 gallons, 2 CPD (aware they need more space and more friends; this was a sort of rescue operation on these guys and will soon be fixed)

Tank 6- 20 gallons long, 10 tiger barbs, 2 mystery snails

All my tanks are planted. 

I intend to actually breed my badises starting tomorrow. I'll take lots of pictures of everything for posterity!

Thanks for having me on the forum!

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum. A few months ago I gave a friend my scarlet badis since I had to many other breeding projects going on. I had 2 girls. Both of whom I watched grow egg bellies and get distended vents and physically mate with the dominant males then the egg bellies and vents would shrink right after. 
She kept the girls separate from the boys. Oddly both girls then colored up and mated with each other 🤪

Here are her videos of them. I’m very interested in following your breeding journey. I do hope you do lots of play by play detailed updates. 

My SB journal is in my signature link. Here are her mating videos. As you see both fish have some color. 

On 3/12/2023 at 3:59 AM, magsie said:

Hello! My name is Maggie. I'm 22 years old, I live in Indiana, and I have 6 tanks:

Tank 1- 10 gallons, 1 male betta

Tank 2- 5.5 gallons, badis breeding tank (empty)

Tank 3- 10 gallons, 2 female scarlet badis

Tank 4- 10 gallons, 2 male scarlet badis, 2 guppies

Tank 5- 5.5 gallons, 2 CPD (aware they need more space and more friends; this was a sort of rescue operation on these guys and will soon be fixed)

Tank 6- 20 gallons long, 10 tiger barbs, 2 mystery snails

All my tanks are planted. 

I intend to actually breed my badises starting tomorrow. I'll take lots of pictures of everything for posterity!

Thanks for having me on the forum!

Do you have space for more if you wanted more tanks ?
I have 3-55 gal  tanks & 1- 20 gal long & 1 - 30 long if 
your interested in having more tanks, I'm not going to 
use any more & if you are interested in them pm me.

Welcome to the forum, I live in Indiana myself.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:29 AM, Tait_007 said:

Welcome to the forum. I am also in Indiana. @Flying fox 6523 your seem to have gone around Indiana do you know of any good Local Fish Stores or even a good Local Chain Store. I know of Uncle Bills in Indianapolis but it’s a bit more up in northern Indianapolis and a chain store.

I live close to Cloverdale Indiana & my MAIN Fish Store is 
in Terra haute Indiana called the aquatis, where are you 
close to in Indiana ? we don't have a lot of fish stores 
that buy aquatic items from people that I have found.

I get store credit from Atlantis when I have something 
that they want or need, I sold 8 lg goldfish last month 
& got 70$ credit for them & I'm working on growing 
plant's out to sell when they get big enough to sell.

I asked them if they wanted my extra tanks but they
have no room for them so I'm trying to see if any 1
that's close enough could use them being I don't 
need them anymore.

Edited by Flying fox 6523

Welcome to the forum. I am also in Indiana. @Flying fox 6523 your seem to have gone around Indiana do you know of any good Local Fish Stores or even a good Local Chain Store. I know of Uncle Bills in Indianapolis but it’s a bit more up in northern Indianapolis and a chain store.

i dont know if this is your area, but i had good first impressions of The Reef store (fresh and saltwater) when i went there last year.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:44 AM, Flying fox 6523 said:

Do you have space for more if you wanted more tanks ?
I have 3-55 gal  tanks & 1- 20 gal long & 1 - 30 long if 
your interested in having more tanks, I'm not going to 
use any more & if you are interested in them pm me.

Welcome to the forum, I live in Indiana myself.

Thanks, but probably not for me! You might try listing them on Facebook Marketplace. 

I don't know of any really good fish stores. Greentree in Clarksville has a good selection but bad welfare. I just order everything online. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 12:09 AM, magsie said:

Thanks, but probably not for me! You might try listing them on Facebook Marketplace. 

I don't know of any really good fish stores. Greentree in Clarksville has a good selection but bad welfare. I just order everything online. 

That's out of my range, I can't get face book market place, 
I'm sure not going to give them away like I did last time
but I'm not asking a lot for them either.

I know of Uncle Bills in Indianapolis but it’s a bit more up in northern Indianapolis and a chain store.

I live in Indianapolis and recently went to Uncle Bill's Greenwood location which is on the south side of Indy. I was really impressed by the cleanliness of their fish tanks. The inhabitants looked healthy and weren't overstocked. The service area was super clean. I have been to several of the Uncle Bill's stores over the years and would have never bought fish from them but this was my first time at the Greenwood store. The Reef has done some major remodeling in the past couple of years and they have a great selection. While it's not a lfs, Aquatic Arts has a local pickup option so you can save on shipping. The only downside to local pickup is it is only available weekdays. Because it doesn't have a storefront the price of stock is lower as well. I've purchased multiple items from them and have never been disappointed. May be worth it to see if a road trip is worth it.