Best Multi-Head Air Pump?

Anyone had positive/negative experiences with the Vivosun Multi-Head pumps? I'm looking at the 50W model that has 8 heads, all running to sponge filters. Is there a better brand or more effective/quieter model I should be looking at?

Website says: (Pressure>0.03Mpa; Output:70L/min; Max Flow: 1110 GPH)

Thanks for any input!

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 9.01.26 AM.png

• Like 1

A true linear pump will be the best, but you really can't find smaller sized ones that I have found.  My issue with buying a pump that big is the noise from bleeding off all the extra air I am not using. Having that constant back pressure in the air lines from what i heard read/heard eventually kills our pumps so i have always been forced to look for smaller options. 

I have 15 aquariums and running this little pump is really quiet and does the job very well.  They do make different sizes but i have only personally used the AL-15A

ALITA Linear Air Pump - 10 ~ 30 LPM

On 3/10/2023 at 4:13 PM, Saltinthedesert said:

UPDATE: Purchased the Vivosun to try it out. IT'S REAL LOUD. Will be returning for sure.

Did you run it with any load on it?  It's going to loud without anything connected to it. 

I bought one similar a bit ago to give a shot... Haven't plumbed anything up yet, though. 

Edited by jwcarlson

Question about power consumption. On my rack currently, I'm using 4x Eheim 200s currently. According to the Eheim website, they are 3.5W each unit (would be 14w for all 4). Am I correct in saying that the 50W Vivosun is using substantially more power than the 4 Eheims?

https://eheim.com/en_GB/aquatics/technology/air-pumps/air/air200

Edited by Saltinthedesert

Current draw is power in watts divided by voltage.  So 50 watts/120 volts is about 0.4 amps.  The smaller pumps would obviously total about a third of that. 

The equation is power = volts * current (P=VI) 

Edited by jwcarlson

Then it’d be accurate to say the 4x Eheims are far more cost effective? 

On 3/10/2023 at 7:33 PM, jwcarlson said:

Current draw is power in watts divided by voltage.  So 50 watts/120 volts is about 0.4 amps.  The smaller pumps would obviously total about a third of that. 

The equation is power = volts * current (P=VI) 

If those consumption rates are accurate, yes.  But in the grand scheme of things it's not much power. 50 watts running 24/7 is 50x24(hours)=1200 watt hours.  Or 1.2 kiliwatt hours which is something like 15 cents per day depending on your energy rates.  

I am about to consolidate most of my air down to one central pump, I think.  Tired of all these separate devices.  50 watt pump should be putting out a ton of air, probably many times what your 3.5 watt ones are doing.