Redlip Shiner

AquaHobbyist123

On 2/27/2023 at 5:02 PM, AquaHobbyist123 said:

@Fish Folk
I only managed to find one just before I had to leave because it was getting dark. If I go back soon and get more, I will try to breed some. Right now it is going through quarantine.

I have just today been offered a wild caught breeding group of these to work with. I’d enjoy comparing notes if you get into breeding them.

On 2/27/2023 at 5:17 PM, Fish Folk said:

I have just today been offered a wild caught breeding group of these to work with. I’d enjoy comparing notes if you get into breeding them.

I am planning on going to a similar place Tuesday, maybe I'll get some then. The fish I've heard are found where I'm going are Fieryblack Shiners,  Warpaint Shiners, Bluehead Chubs, Sandbar Shiners, and Creek Chubs, and the occasional Redlip and Greenhead Shiners. Definitely hoping to get more so I can breed them (and obviously trying for some Fieryblacks, which I saw in this creek but had no collecting gear). The one redlip I found was in a riffle in the Upper Yadkin River while I was searching for darters right as I was planning to leave. I 'd also like to compare breeding notes, assuming I can get some more!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 10:16 PM, AquaHobbyist123 said:

Well, I was out collecting some fish the other day, and I found this beautiful (terrible pic though, I do not have a knack for photography) Redlip Shiner (Notropis chiliticus)!

Screenshot 2023-02-26 113220.png

Here are some better pics (not by me) of Redlip Shiners:

Screenshot 2023-02-26 114826.png

Screenshot 2023-02-26 114917.png

Nice, I love it. If you have a college assignment and don't have much time to do it, you may go to https://www.grabmyessay.com/assignment-writing-services This service will complete your essay assignment on time and allow you to submit it before the deadline. You can also achieve good grades.

Nice, I love it. ❤️

Edit: forgot to made heart

Edited by BarbaraJohnson
  • Like 1