Product review neo DIY co2

Ohad

Best thing ever!

Just kidding but honestly, I am impressed. 

As I am starting my CO2 learning experiment.

I tried different so-called "beginners " pressurized co2. You know, the ones.

All were pretty horrible before giving up on shedding $200 on a better system.

I found this kit. I was so impressed. Easy to use, best diffuser among all the ones I tried. ( I know ACO is selling these) 

Lime green drop checker, happy plants so far.

I don't have fish in the tank yet. It is super fresh, so I am letting it stay on that lovely lime green and see what happens.

So far, I am super happy, and it's looking like the plants are too 

PXL_20230207_150125410.jpg

PXL_20230207_150257419.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230207_150215014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm looking forward to your weekly reviews. I've had this in my cart for several weeks. I'm in the same position as you, looking for a less costly solution before I do a deep dive into a full system. I like that it lasts more than a month, which is a lot of time to see differences in plant growth. 

• Like 1

These are all "easy level" plants.

The tank is 60cm, 24 inch length 17 gallons 

And the co2 kit seams to be perfect for that size. 

I am trying to see what I can do with those plants if given all the love. 

I am itchy to scrap it and do a better hard scape.  But luckily my wife really like this layout and she is the boss. 

So I am hoping to learn how to get the best result with the easy plants and with my tap water. 

I have the bug though so another tank will have to happen soon enough for sure. 

And then it will be better hard scape, more advanced plants and big CO2 and I will be happy ( or not ) haha

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 10:40 AM, Ohad said:

These are all "easy level" plants.

The tank is 60cm, 24 inch length 17 gallons 

And the co2 kit seams to be perfect for that size. 

I am trying to see what I can do with those plants if given all the love. 

I am itchy to scrap it and do a better hard scape.  But luckily my wife really like this layout and she is the boss. 

So I am hoping to learn how to get the best result with the easy plants and with my tap water. 

I have the bug though so another tank will have to happen soon enough for sure. 

And then it will be better hard scape, more advanced plants and big CO2 and I will be happy ( or not ) haha

One way I keep from getting overwhelmed with too many tanks is that I insist that ALL my tanks be kept in pristine show-quality condition. Since I can't fulfill that goal with the 7 tanks I'm responsible for, it keeps me reined in. It's amazing how I keep thinking - I could get just one more.... what about Shellies..... etc.

In other news, I think you should totally get another tank- yours meets the goal! It's amazing!

Plus, don't dis "easy" plants. This isn't a competition to see who can torture themselves the most. A beautiful tank is a beautiful tank!

• Love 2

On 2/8/2023 at 8:42 AM, Cyndi said:

In other news, I think you should totally get another tank- yours meets! It's amazing!

Plus, don't dis "easy" plants. This isn't a competition to see who can torture themselves the most. A beautiful tank is a beautiful tank!

Thank you for the kind words!

This hobby has a couple of stages I learned; many aquascapes only do stage one ( and I get it)

The first stage is creative, like sculpting, placing hardscapes, and thinking about plants. 

The next stage is maintaining, less creativity and more like having a pet plant and fish. 

Since it's only my second tank and the first one had zero hardscapes but only plants, I now get it. I will never be happy with the first stage, and each time I do it will get better, but then I will want to do another one. 

So yes, for now, will I switch gears and try to give these plants and future fish all the lo? But another tank will come soon.

And will get off Instagram for sure 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2023 at 7:10 AM, Theplatymaster said:

@Ohad

a few questions:

1.how is the PH in that tank

2.does the kit have any good way to stop adding C02 at night? do i just need to add my own control valve? Can it be hooked up to a timer?

This is a very low-tech system with no timer, but I don't think the amount of CO2 in the tank is massive; it is just a little boost. ( Not an expert at all trying to learn )

My pH is locked at 6.4 mornings and nights.

But that is, I think, because of the fluval stratum .

I like that it's easy and I hope it will work, but again, I don't have any livestock in the tank yet, so there is no chance of gassing anything.

Plants are growing nicely so far, but who knows how much the effect of the CO2, substate with root tabs, and light? I have no idea. As long as things are growing, I am happy 

If you have a suggestions or recommendations for the perfect CO2 system that is reliable and not huge I am still searching