The Man Cave Glofish 10g Aquarium Journal

FLFishChik

So, my husband was in ICU for 14 days, in the beginning we thought we might lose him, but he bounced back with flying colors! 
 I am the fish keeper if the house and he has always been supportive of my continuously evolving habit. Though he doesn’t participate in the maintenance or care of my aquariums, he does genuinely enjoy watching them and over the last year or so has taken an interest in them, particularly Glofish. As a “welcome home” gift for his man cave, I decided to use one of my spare 10g tanks and turn it into a glofish tank for him. I purchased an inexpensive Nicrew blue/white light on Amazon, some Glofish gravel, used some bright fake plants I already had on hand from a gifted tank I set aside and am using an extra ACO sponge filter I already had in hand. Also purchased an ACO 50watt heater. Still waiting on the “glow volcano” and will add a black background. But, for the most part, it’s done. Not too bad, I don’t think! We are letting it cycle and this gives him some time to figure out what fish he wants for his tank. So far, he’s leaning towards a Glo Betta and maybe some shrimp and a snail! I’ll post as we move forward and as tank inhabitants move in. 

How do you think I did?

E9A1DE39-B720-40A4-9452-80C65672D597.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/22/2023 at 10:47 AM, FLFishChik said:

So, my husband was in ICU for 14 days, in the beginning we thought we might lose him, but he bounced back with flying colors! 
 I am the fish keeper if the house and he has always been supportive of my continuously evolving habit. Though he doesn’t participate in the maintenance or care of my aquariums, he does genuinely enjoy watching them and over the last year or so has taken an interest in them, particularly Glofish. As a “welcome home” gift for his man cave, I decided to use one of my spare 10g tanks and turn it into a glofish tank for him. I purchased an inexpensive Nicrew blue/white light on Amazon, some Glofish gravel, used some bright fake plants I already had on hand from a gifted tank I set aside and am using an extra ACO sponge filter I already had in hand. Also purchased an ACO 50watt heater. Still waiting on the “glow volcano” and will add a black background. But, for the most part, it’s done. Not too bad, I don’t think! We are letting it cycle and this gives him some time to figure out what fish he wants for his tank. So far, he’s leaning towards a Glo Betta and maybe some shrimp and a snail! I’ll post as we move forward and as tank inhabitants move in. 

How do you think I did?

E9A1DE39-B720-40A4-9452-80C65672D597.jpeg

i like it, my only note is you might want to put in a cave of some sort, as some bettas can be pretty shy.

I LOVE it!! I agree with @Theplatymaster when you get a chance add a Betta tunnel- you can get all sorts of cool colored 3D printed ones on Etsy that can go with the tank. They like the tunnels closer to the surface as they are air breathers- I usually put them towards the top of the surface and leave just enough space inside for a small air pocket so they don't have to leave their caves at night when sleeping or when they just want to hang out in it. This tank looks like fun!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:50 AM, Theplatymaster said:

i like it, my only note is you might want to put in a cave of some sort, as some bettas can be pretty shy.

Yeah, I have a couple caves on hand should he decide he wants a Betta. They aren’t glow decor, but they’ll work until I can’t find a glowing version!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...