Shrimp plants

P0ppy

I am starting my first venture into keeping shrimp. I have a 3 gallon cube. I am getting ready to order some plants and would like some recommendations from the forum as to what might work the best. I want the shrimp to be happy, but do not want to struggle to see them either. I really do not care about them breeding, but it would be a nice plus if they did. 

On 1/19/2023 at 8:26 PM, P0ppy said:

I am starting my first venture into keeping shrimp. I have a 3 gallon cube. I am getting ready to order some plants and would like some recommendations from the forum as to what might work the best. I want the shrimp to be happy, but do not want to struggle to see them either. I really do not care about them breeding, but it would be a nice plus if they did. 

Thanks to those that have responded. I have decided to start out with the Java Moss, which I have been wanting to try anyway, and the Anubias Barteri. 

Wishing all a great weekend!!

• Like 1

Great choice. A lot of moss is always good for shrimps.

Somehow i've seem to be the only person in the world that isn't able to keep Java moss alive though.
But i've learned that there are a lot of different mosses with all different ways of growing.
So mixing up moss in a tank or replacing one thats not working is a lot of fun as well!

For shrimp tanks Anubias nana is nice as well. Doesn't grow as big as some of the other anubias plants.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 3:48 PM, Remi de Groot said:

Somehow i've seem to be the only person in the world that isn't able to keep Java moss alive though.
But i've learned that there are a lot of different mosses with all different ways of growing.
So mixing up moss in a tank or replacing one thats not working is a lot of fun as well!

For shrimp tanks Anubias nana is nice as well. Doesn't grow as big as some of the other anubias plants.

I can't keep Java moss alive either but I've had luck with Christmas moss instead. You're right, it is fun to experiment with different kinds to see what works. I had no idea there are so many kinds out there. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2023 at 5:48 PM, Remi de Groot said:

Your English was just fine and thank you.

• Thanks 1