Columnaris in multiple tanks

Jabberjaw

So I have been battling columnaris for a while now in one tank. And I now have it in more than one tank. I read that it can be transferred from tank to tank by nets and anything else that's being used in multiple tanks. I think I transferred it by using same nets and multiple tanks. I will not make that mistake again in each tank will have their own net. The problem is my gravel vac. It's a knockoff python and I really like using it and on my tanks and I can't afford to have a gravel vac for each individual tank. I have read that anything that has been used in the affected tank needs to be bleached but I'm concerned with my gravel vacuum. What do I do? I have been using kanaplex and that has not done anything so I have ordered sulfaplex and it will be here tomorrow. I will more than likely be treating all of the tanks. My main concern is my gravel vacuum. 

Holy cow! I read through about 70% of that before I had to stop. What an amazing read! I learned so much and I am so excited because I've been battling Green algae in another tank! But anyway this is going to make my life so much easier over the next couple months until I know that I have eradicated columnaris from my tanks. Thank you so much! And thank you and everyone who collaborated to figure this information out.

• Thanks 1