Cute derpy impulse buy

Rita

Soo I did what fish keepers are always cautioned against… I impulse bought 6 Pseudomugil gertrudae. I went to the fish store looking for CPD’s and ended up with these adorable doofuses. Does anyone keep these? Any advice? I plan to put them in my 14 gal cube with habrosus corydoras, various snails and amano shrimp. 
I attached a internet photo of them because mine are so fast I just get blurry yellow smudges in my photos 😂 

5399DFDD-7F13-4831-A707-58911F2AC8DF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 10

@Rita Beautiful fish!! I have 14 Pseudomugil Gertrudae Aru 2 (there are various locales) in a 40breeder with a dozen long finned white cloud mountain minnows. They are highly entertaining. 
personally I’d go minimum 20 gallon long (length is more useful than height). They will zoom around constantly and their courting behaviors are gorgeous and very hypnotizing. Enjoy! Welcome to the tremendous world of rainbow fish, rainbow fish in general are my all time fave fish. 

These are one of my someday dream fish. Timing and circumstance just never seem to line up for me to get them. I do hope you start a journal for them. I would be grateful for the opportunity to live vicariously through you 🤗 and learn more about them and their social interactions. 
CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 on your gorgeous new friends. 

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 5:06 AM, Guppysnail said:

These are one of my someday dream fish. Timing and circumstance just never seem to line up for me to get them. I do hope you start a journal for them. I would be grateful for the opportunity to live vicariously through you 🤗 and learn more about them and their social interactions. 
CONGRATULATIONS 🎉 on your gorgeous new friends. 

That's strange. My LFS has them sometimes. Hope you can keep them someday. I tried Furcatas😀