Looking back...

Root

My 20 gallon tall will be hitting a year old in a couple of weeks. During this year there have been many changes. From introducing Duckweed and realizing the grief I would soon cause myself and eventually realizing my LFS sold me a crazy baby Chinese Algae Eater instead of the Otto lol. I think the only thing thats really stayed the same is the placement of the 3 stones and the thermometer 😆 

Looking back there has been a lot of learning. Easy and hard and there will continue to be, but I am pretty happy where this guy is now. 

A56F44EF-3850-4464-BF3D-85EF86DDFF45.png

F6011EAA-871B-4289-9DBF-D5EAA2428132.png

F7D21671-6ABF-4734-8F34-10F332DF609B.png

08CA730B-A083-4678-B286-7CEEF20736D7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I keep the pothos cuttings in a 3D-printed mount called a Poth-O-Carry. 

I have never tried frog bit, but love how long the roots get. The pothos roots are pretty long, but are mixed up with the water lettuce. 

I put the pothos in for fry coverage and they say it sucks up nitrates. 

Edited by Root

On 12/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, Root said:

My 20 gallon tall will be hitting a year old in a couple of weeks. During this year there have been many changes.

I want to say it was an 8-12 gallon hex like that.  They sold me the tank and 3 bala sharks.  So crappy, but that was something that happened to me and I had no idea.  Needless to say, adding more didn't help and I came home one day to a nice tank, the next it was "well he's definitely a shark".

I really do enjoy the tank you have, nicely done.

On 12/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, Root said:

F7D21671-6ABF-4734-8F34-10F332DF609B.png

That microsword / carpet it pretty epic. 🙂

On 12/25/2022 at 9:42 PM, Confetto said:

Do you have it floating? I love the look! I have minimal success with frogbit, but love roots dangling from the top of this tank. How do I grow this?

If you like the long dangling root look but frogbit doesn't like your tank, might I suggest dwarf water lettuce? It has similarly long roots and propagates itself pretty well in my tanks.

• Like 1

Great progress photos and that's a tough shape of tank to adjust to, so you have really accomplished something there. Your microswords have spread much more than mine have in twice as much time. And add me to the chorus of folks who love the dense roots on your water lettuce. You've got stuff going on at every level, and it looks great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1