Storm Coming In

Cinnebuns

On 12/24/2022 at 2:33 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

We didn't even get much drifting.  Although, I'm in a fairly wooded area which may account for that. 

i have a small retaining wall down the length of one side of my driveway, it makes things so much fun. on the bright side, 4 short trips and ive got it all shoveled out. for now!😲

On 12/24/2022 at 4:53 PM, lefty o said:

shoveled

Shoveled?  Really?!  You seem like a dude that's got a serious snow thrower!  Like my neighbor across the street who has one on tracks.  Dude can probably toss snow over his house from front to back!  😂  Meanwhile, the auger on my snow thrower broke this year about 30 seconds into that big, wet slush pile we got a few weeks ago.  I had to wait on the part for a couple weeks.  The couple weeks we got loads of snow!  The funny thing is that my wife ordered it for me as I texted her while I was out shoveling, and it came early, but she thought it was a gift, so only opened it today to wrap.  🙄  At least I got my exercise, I guess.

@Streetwise, glad to hear you came through okay!  After the folks I know in Burlington lost power, I was concerned for you.  

@Cinnebuns, you started this thread.  How are you doing?

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:32 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Shoveled?  Really?!  You seem like a dude that's got a serious snow thrower!  Like my neighbor across the street who has one on tracks.  Dude can probably toss snow over his house from front to back!  😂  Meanwhile, the auger on my snow thrower broke this year about 30 seconds into that big, wet slush pile we got a few weeks ago.  I had to wait on the part for a couple weeks.  The couple weeks we got loads of snow!  The funny thing is that my wife ordered it for me as I texted her while I was out shoveling, and it came early, but she thought it was a gift, so only opened it today to wrap.  🙄  At least I got my exercise, I guess.

@Streetwise, glad to hear you came through okay!  After the folks I know in Burlington lost power, I was concerned for you.  

i have 1, but for the drifts its not really worth firing it up. plus im waiting for parts for it, that are no surprise stuck in shipping for many days now. it is currently relegated to emergency use only.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 6:32 PM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Power didn't go out and neither did I. Stayed in and played WoW half the day and did tank maintenance the other half. Found something exciting I updated in another post tho. Hillstream loach fry. It's a hybrid tho which I'm not entirely sure what to think about that. Storms cause strange things to happen I guess. 

Edited by Cinnebuns
  • Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 8:27 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

How did everyone do? 

We had 2 days of -11F here in Indianapolis. Lost power 3x, thankfully only for an hour each time. Don't think the furnace ever shut off. Temps in the house hovered about 66F...furnace is getting old, but it's uncommon to have these low temps here. Kept the tanks covered with blankets, and had 1 fish death in the big tank due to temps being in the upper 60s so we put a 3rd heater in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

here in my area WV  there was more ice and cold then snow we got 2 or 3 inches but the cold  was highest  16  degrees was awful  the electric went out but i have a generator and my tank and myself was fine but my mom had to come a spend the night with me .. the water in one of my bathroom  toilet froze. even though all the sinks and tubs had small cold water streams going ( During a freeze have a small stream of cold running each skink and tub  to keep water pipes freezing. but the toilet froze and had to use bucket water to flush 

Edited by Bev C

@PepereI live in a mobile home and have a  whole house generator  that works to heat and provide electric for the whole trailer  except my dyer during a outage  i normally heat electric ,,  I had water all through my house but for toilet    we even took showers and i have  my water pipes and underneath the mobile wrapped and insulated  but the water  that runs into the toilet  froze  it would not refill

i lived here for 10 years and it was the first time my water froze anywhere ,, i was very lucky when i  bought  the mobile home it had a house generator already installed  they lady that had the trailer before me  had to have oxygen machine and her family put in a generator for her  ,,  

plus i have 2 small kerosene heaters in storage from my last house where i lived if need by me or family members so i had plenty to heat with 

When i was little when it snowed or ice my parents would always have sink and tubs turn on to a cold water drip or small stream to keep pipes from freezing i still do it 

Edited by Bev C