That's one small step for a shrimp, one giant leap for shrimp kind

The endler guy

On 11/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, Aiden Carter said:

I genuinely hope that they are, there is already one species of shrimp that is semi aquatic/ leaves the water

There is?? What shrimp? I must know! 

New life goal: own a land-dwelling shrimp. (If I should live long enough to see one.) 

Possible second goal: walk said shrimp like a dog.

• Haha 2

On 11/21/2022 at 4:11 AM, itsfoxtail said:

There is?? What shrimp? I must know! 

New life goal: own a land-dwelling shrimp. (If I should live long enough to see one.) 

https://www.nature.com/articles/226661a0

Merguia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/science/shrimp-parade-thailand.amp.html

On 11/21/2022 at 4:11 AM, itsfoxtail said:

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 11/21/2022 at 6:36 AM, Aiden Carter said:

🤩 That is amazing! I wonder how long until we start seeing these guys in the hobby? I for one will be absolutely doing more research so I'm prepared for when they do.

Makes the thought of them evolving out of our own tanks a tad more scary and plausible now... though I'm not sure what damage they could really do with their little fork hands.

That guy is also making me question what life decisions I've made so that I'm not ALREADY walking my fish like dogs. A true legend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a tank filled to the tip top with plants and water, no lid, with only shrimp and snails. no shrimp has ever tried to escape. only time i saw them near the top for long was when i transferred them to a new tank, the water parameters must have been not to thier liking, so i promptly put them back where they were. they are amanos and Blue neocaridina

Edited by SandSea

Mine are very frequently standing in the flow of the HOB hanging on the bit of algae that grows in there.  And on top of water lettuce.  

I found a pretty crispy one in a spider web behind one tank a few weeks ago. 😄

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1