Redtail Notho Killifish

Patrick_G

I had a sad accident. When doing a water change last week I removed the breeding container. When I put it back in the tank I must have trapped one of the females underneath. For days I thought I has inadvertently sucked her into the siphon but then I found her under the glass container. I’ve never had anything like this happen before. ☹️ 

I think I’m going to look for a few more females locally and divide the tank into two separate breeding areas. 

• Sad 2

On 1/15/2023 at 2:35 PM, Patrick_G said:

I had a sad accident. When doing a water change last week I removed the breeding container. When I put it back in the tank I must have trapped one of the females underneath. For days I thought I has inadvertently sucked her into the siphon but then I found her under the glass container. I’ve never had anything like this happen before. ☹️ 

I think I’m going to look for a few more females locally and divide the tank into two separate breeding areas. 

It’s tricky when fish dart under things we add in. I’m coming upon a few killi hatching months here. Hoping to make more! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1