Meet Pig the Super Betta!

Jenna

I have just joined the forum from Canada. I have been keeping fish for about 5 years now, I had 3 almost 4 tanks before I had to move a year and a half ago now I have a 75 at my grandmas 4 hours away from me I have someone to feed the fish from pill organizers filled with food and do water changes whenever I am there, and a 25 at my home, I can't have the 75 in the apartment😪. I learned a ton from the Aquarium Co-Op youtube, from learning about the cycling process and the diy cinder block stand (super for those like me who are not the most handy!) to beginner friendly plant recommendations.  In this 25 gallon tank is my very strong betta Pig, he moved with me three times in the last year and survived  a 72hour power outage due to an April snowstorm where despite the blankets I used to try and keep the heat in, his tank (a 5gallon at the time) dipped to 14C, about 10-12C lower than usual. I am hoping to get some tetras for this tank soon not sure what kind exactly as it will depend on whats available when the time comes, I have to travel about 2 hours away to get from a reliable store. We can't get meds here in Canada without a vet prescription and there aren't many vets who consult on fish, so getting healthy fish is super important.

These Pictures are one week apart and the growth of the lily is crazy! As you can tell I have really fallen for the plants these past months, the tank has been in this place since mid September when I added the majority of these plants(got the lily in August), the anubias and small crypt are split from my original tanks, the Moneywort and sword are from pet smart and the rest are from The Plant Guy, an online seller who ships across Canada and does local pickups.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...