On 11/1/2022 at 1:35 AM, drewzero1 said:

My favorites so far are the zoanthids, but I'm looking into both of those you mentioned as well. I think a watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair would be pretty awesome: the goby stands guard while the shrimp digs a burrow for them to share. I'm trying to avoid adding anything else until I get everything moved over to the new tank I'm building and get it settled in.

Carful with Zoas and polys as they can hurt you if you really mess with them

On 11/1/2022 at 4:17 PM, Aiden Carter said:

Carful with Zoas and polys as they can hurt you if you really mess with them

Yeah, I've done a lot of reading about palytoxins and safe handling. Some really scary stuff, but with caution and respect it seems manageable. And they're so pretty! One LFS has some real stunners:IMG_20221028_165506__01.jpg.d73e35b438922e6e2cacac7fd7713263.jpg

• Love 1

On 10/30/2022 at 3:09 PM, MannyThakk said:

Meet Vader my Bristlenose pleco. Had him for 4 years now when he was maybe only half an inch long. But he grew alot bigger and faster than my albino pleco. Id say that Vader is about 7-8 inches now and the albino is about 5 inches and ive had him longer. 

738AD115-C178-4404-9746-D0EE4400AB77.jpeg

01A14A09-1BAB-46A9-B649-4055493F3112.jpeg

126AFBBA-F656-4A76-AB5F-D240EA230D26.jpeg

1F70023B-734C-473E-9AC8-5A0F63FFEE34.jpeg

98C7DAA3-2DC2-40ED-9170-DDFAE3401A4A.jpeg

Im actually really curious if hes just a regular bristlenose or if a different strain considering he’s so much bigger than my albino.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 2:41 PM, MannyThakk said:

I got them both from petco

I wouldnt be surprised if something went wrong in petco (they get their fish from the same exporters as lfs but, a large majority of petco/smart dont house their live animals in the best condition, now that isnt all, I have some pretty rocking petco/smarts near me; one introduced the bettas into the tanks, with good tankmates!)

On 11/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, Aiden Carter said:

I wouldnt be surprised if something went wrong in petco (they get their fish from the same exporters as lfs but, a large majority of petco/smart dont house their live animals in the best condition, now that isnt all, I have some pretty rocking petco/smarts near me; one introduced the bettas into the tanks, with good tankmates!)

Ive heard and read in forums that petcos and petsmarts and sometimes even lfs sometimes  mislabel fish, so thats a possiblity. Was just curious of how many brisltenose pleco types were there. I would think with so many species out there, some would maybe grow larger than others. 

On 10/28/2022 at 3:39 AM, Aiden Carter said:

What is your favorite fish? Doesn’t even have to be for aquarium, just coolest most rad fish!

I don't have any yet, but I've become obsessed with Japanese Ricefish. I love the color variations! I started to set up a mini-pond for my porch, but it was too late in the season, so I'm waiting for spring/summer to finish setting it up.

• Like 1