Snail ID Please?

Froggirl

Hello,

I recently noticed this snail in my betta tank, I'm guessing it's a hitchhiker but what kind of snail is this? I'm looking to ID the big one in the middle specifically. I have ramshorns, bladdernsails and assassin snails in this tank.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4895.jpg

Edited by Froggirl

Not entirely sure about the big one in the middle, it's a bit different looking than any of the small snails I'm familiar with.  Left side, I see what looks like a small bladder/pond snail, and the other small ones scattered more on the right side look like little baby ramshorn snails.

On 10/25/2022 at 3:54 PM, RockMongler said:

Not entirely sure about the big one in the middle, it's a bit different looking than any of the small snails I'm familiar with.  Left side, I see what looks like a small bladder/pond snail, and the other small ones scattered more on the right side look like little baby ramshorn snails.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I'm mostly looking to ID the one in the middle as I have absolutely no clue what kind of snail that is lol!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 9:10 AM, Froggirl said:

Thanks a lot for your reply! I'm mostly looking to ID the one in the middle as I have absolutely no clue what kind of snail that is lol!

Fair enough!  I just saw more than that one, so I'd toss it in.  (It also helps keep your thread near the top, so maybe someone else might be able to ID it!)

On 10/25/2022 at 4:12 PM, RockMongler said:

Fair enough!  I just saw more than that one, so I'd toss it in.  (It also helps keep your thread near the top, so maybe someone else might be able to ID it!)

That's alright, I probably should've clarified in the first post, but thank you so much for keeping the thread up!

I don’t know but I like it!  It does look like pond snail family, short, somewhat thick antennae, point to the right, etc.  But it’s a much longer spiral and point than most I’ve seen plus a nice, pale gold color.  If you don’t want it, I’ll take it!  😉 😃 

• Love 1