FZone 2.5L canister diy CO2 kit

Slushpup

Has anyone else used this type of product before? I just got mine yesterday and setup the device for my 16 gallon water box. It’s pretty simple to do and builds pressure quick. The regulator holds the working pressure at 50 psi which should work for most diffusers. The dial for flow control is about as good as any other entry level regulator. 

Fzone is just rebranding this product, but they did use better parts then most of the companies. The fitting for the solenoid on the FZone version is easy and doesn’t leak like others. The parts that come with this $70-$80 kit will allow you to start co2 injection. One thing is missing and that’s the $15-$20 solenoid. You have to buy that separate.

With that in mind, you still save a lot compared to buying a decent reg and tank. Banking soda and citric acid are cheap to refill if you use this for 5-40 gallon tanks. This might be a good product for some compared to running to maybe the only place in town to get a refill on co2. You can just dip into each of your bags of baking soda and citric acid, then start a new batch. Easy as that.

The most surprising thing is how well made this product is. On a side note I bought a FZone high end Dual stage regulator. From what it looks like. It’s a co2art copy.

7DCF42B6-8AEE-4BE7-A570-AB6F34FC9B86.jpeg

757004AC-1304-4C6A-8CEB-989B9C6D1FB4.jpeg

2E627AAA-F993-4834-B645-69532DDFDAB9.jpeg

How long does it last before you have to refill? And what is your bubble/sec rate?

I'm using a regular 5lb cylinder with 5 bps in my 40 breeder. Have yet to refill it, but it's only been 4 weeks. There's a fire extinguisher shop 20 minutes from my house that refills the tanks and doesn't force you to exchange your tank. But, it's only open Mon-Thurs and closes at 4:30pm.😒

I have two of these and love it. I also use it on a 40g breeder and I spend about 5 minutes every 6 days refilling it (absolutely cranking C02 into the tank as it also has a decent amount of surface disruption). They used to have a larger model that they don't sell anymore, but I would say if you don't want to do what I'm doing these are best on 20g and lower.

I should also mention that I have the ones with the electronic solenoid so that I can also put it on a timer. I also bump up the recommended amount ingredients and use 300g of Baking Soda / Citric Acid and 400ml of water. It still isn't anywhere close to triggering the safety release from too much pressure. 

I do wonder why they cancelled the larger version though. Does it function worse as you go past a certain amount?

Also, if you follow FZone on FB they might ask you to review something (asked me to review a regulator).

34 minutes ago, Dandy Pearl said:

I'm just getting into CO2, but opted for a more industrial setup. I ended up getting a good deal on a 15lb tank. The purchasing the tank, gas and taxes was only around $90.

Check out my 37g tech tank thread.

Yeah, here that would be $120. Also I’m using this setup for nano stuff smaller than 40 gallons. At normal co2 diffusion of 30 ppm in the water column the tank so far will most likely last 5-7 weeks depending on measurements on ingredients. It’s not bad when it only takes a few minutes to set back up.

I use 5 and 10 pound tanks on my big tanks. With high end regulators. This little setup is nice to have though for a small setup. Really looks great too!