LED replacement for Biocube hood

Travis

I recently bought a used 8 gallon biocube that I am going to use for a Betta. The old lights in the hood still work but will need replacing. I would rather gut the hood electronics and replace the lights with a LED panel. Without modification I have about  4x10 inches to work with and 7x10 if I make some changes to the reflector etc. Any suggestions for LEDs that might work?

DSCF0559.JPG

I could however this tank looks pretty atrocious without the hood. Because of where I have the tank etc. I think the hood will help maintain temperature also. Just thought maybe there was a hood mount small enough that I may have missed in my searches. I was looking at the Marineland one but it doesn't quite fit and has some questionable reviews.

If you are wanting to keep the Biocube hood, you can look into building your own LED light. I know on the saltwater side of the hobby there was a good size following of people building their own for these Biocubes back several years ago. Look up the company RapidLED they were the ones that had kits and part to do if interested.

• Like 1

I ended up finding this after doing some more digging. It didn't pop up on amazon in my regular search for aquarium lights for some reason.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083NFLHKQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DSCF0565.JPG.0510b68d64e2a0c19995ecb73364df67.JPGDSCF0566.JPG.5ffd2a913527a2d13ed653b87532f195.JPG

Mounted to the reflector with Velcro tape and the mounts it came with are just long enough to pin it in between the plastic shield.

DSCF0568.JPG.2b1bdf5c315f3867e530500b9c4aa710.JPGDSCF0569.JPG.597721cd858ce7a00c0b9a57ba9dcf22.JPG