Club Breeding

CJs Aquatics

Hey all, sorry if this is an odd question. I’m not a part of any fish clubs besides this one but if I’m not mistaken a lot of the clubs have a breeding program that assigns points and ranks for its members upon successfully breeding and proof of success of certain fish. Is there anything like that in this club? I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question I just figured since it was breeding related it would be appropriate…

• Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 11:05 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

Hey all, sorry if this is an odd question. I’m not a part of any fish clubs besides this one but if I’m not mistaken a lot of the clubs have a breeding program that assigns points and ranks for its members upon successfully breeding and proof of success of certain fish. Is there anything like that in this club? I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question I just figured since it was breeding related it would be appropriate…

I think you’re referring to a Breeders Award Program — often called BAP for short.

The Forum is not a club, per say, but if you become a paying member of the Aquarium CoOp on YouTube, you may be eligible to participate.

@Zenzo can help explain that if it is an option.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/19/2022 at 2:28 AM, Fish Folk said:

I think you’re referring to a Breeders Award Program — often called BAP for short.

The Forum is not a club, per say, but if you become a paying member of the Aquarium CoOp on YouTube, you may be eligible to participate.

@Zenzo can help explain that if it is an option.

@CJs Aquatics This is something that we looked into, but ultimately decided to table the idea, as it would take a significant amount of planning, work, and monitoring to pull it off correctly. It may be something that we revisit in the future, but for now, we are focusing on other areas. 

If you want to participate in a BAP, check the clubs in your area. We have a club locator on our website. I believe that there are two near your area in Ohio.

@CJs AquaticsI am a member of the colorado aquarium society and participate in the breeders award program. I even have my breeder certificate.

I'd assume that your local club or clubs have the program and some may be open to youtube or similar submissions if you can not get to in person meetings. I would need to change my work schedule and drive a few hours minimum to get to an in person meeting from here. That has not yet happened. 

• Like 2

@mountaintoppufferkeeper I’m gonna have to join a club I’m making it a goal this week, tried to join one here before and received no correspondence whatsoever, I get notifications from there forum but literally that’s it idk if I’m in or not lol so I put that project on the low end of the priority list but I think it’s time to bump it up 

• Like 2

@AllFishNoBrakes me either..... Divide is a bit of a drive to a meeting but one of these days ill get up there 

On 9/21/2022 at 8:22 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

gonna have to create a Facebook again I guess I’ve been off it for years I’m old school, but I guess it’s time to adapt with the times 

I'm on it for fish stuff that's pretty much it for me