I hadn't planned on starting a tank.

Confetto

Back in July, I took my niece to Petco to buy supplies needed for her ferrets/guinea pigs &/or lizard. I'm a dog person & didn't need to be in the small animal section so I wandered over to the aquatics. I've had a few bettas over the years and find them very attractive fish.

I had no intentions on purchasing a fish tank.

The Aqueon tanks were 50% off. I owned an older model Top Fin desktop aquarium already, however I have always wanted a glass tank. When I got home, I went into the garage and pulled out the acrylic tank. I began to go through my fish supplies: needed new tubing as well as new suction cups for a Whisper filter. My heater wasn't working either. The next morning, I ordered replacement parts to pickup at the store & came home with a 3 gallon rimless tank to began the cycle process.

Over the next few days I began watching videos from Aquarium Co-op and Girl Talks Fish. I found myself watching videos about aquascaping and admired how beautiful the tanks looked.

I had no intentions on purchasing live plants.

My silk plants just didn't look right in my tank anymore. That afternoon, I was back at Petco purchasing an anubias sp. 

Not long after that, Miso, a tangerine koi betta joined our family.

IMG_20220822_160716684~2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1