50% off fish tanks at Petco!

Chick-In-Of-TheSea

On 9/2/2022 at 3:23 AM, Cinnebuns said:

Too bad they don't really have a good price on what I'm looking for but what I'm looking for is probably best gotten at Walmart or something. Cheap, simple nano tanks for ramshorn selective breeding. 

Novice question: What do you select for in a Ramshorn snail?

On 9/2/2022 at 12:45 PM, Schuyler said:

Novice question: What do you select for in a Ramshorn snail?

Color mostly. And a large reason I'm doing it is research based and not necessarily selective breeding for breeding sake. A friend and I have been trying to learn about their color genetics. 

Check out this thread I just posted with some of the unique colors I've found:

If you want more pictures and some info on what we've found it's in this thread:

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 12:37 PM, Ogpulchra said:

Bulk reef supply has bookshelf aquariums for about 50% off too... and free shipping on orders over $50.

Unless I'm missing something, that site is insanely expensive. I'm talking spending like $15 max but they want like $300 lol. And that's considered a deal. 

On 9/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, Ogpulchra said:

I thought the aquamaxx tanks were a good deal, but I could be wrong. I bought a 12g long for $75. 

The cheapest aquamaxx is $84. At petco the same size is $20. I'm talking about spending even less than $20 and a smaller size like 1-3 gallons. Not worth the $84 when you can get one for 20% of that price new and 10% used. 

On 9/2/2022 at 2:01 PM, Ogpulchra said:

The 12g long is $120-130 everywhere I've looked locally, so I thought it was a decent deal. I agree that I spent way more by gallon, but that footprint is niiiice. 

That's a fair point for a shape that's not easy to find. How long is it?

On 9/2/2022 at 2:32 PM, HeyItsAmanda said:

Is the Petco 50% discount regional, or is it nationwide? I'm about to go out and get a bunch of tanks in that case 😊

It's nation wide. I believe you can even get delivery. You can most certainly order online and pick up in store at least. 

Ordered 8 got nine by accident. They put a 10 gal inside a 29gal and nobody noticed. When got home and unloading I still didn't notice until I started filling all for a leaks test. Have to call tomorrow and ask if they want it back. 40minute drive so they gonna have to say they want it for me to go lol.

Also picked up a used 120 and 40gal bowfront for my brother. Been a long day draining, moving, cleaning and, setting up tanks today.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/4/2022 at 8:33 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

I feel that this is, no joke, a community service announcement!  It may well be why the "thanks" button was created.  So, thank you for your service to the community!

Of course!

And just a reminder folks, to stock up them tanks with all your favorite Aquarium Co Op equipment! ☺️

• Like 1

• 1 month later...