Cory Eggs Hatched!!! What to do next?!

Fishy101

My female cory laid eggs awhile and I have some the babies right now in another tank, however, she laid eggs again! And I don't have much room to spare, so I couldn't take all of the eggs into the separate container, but they starting hatching anywhere from late last night to mid-day today, and right now I have about ten of them. Last time it actually took them awhile to grow to where I could put them into the tank, and then they started growing quite fast (more space and more food perhaps)? So, I was wondering this time around what food and temperature would be suggested to keep them at to help promote fast growth (as well as a clean environment)? For foods, I saw that there was sera micron growth food and repashy spawn and grow, would that be something recommended or would you suggest something else? And other information to help them grow up healthy and happy would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Fishy101
  • Like 1

Not sure what species you're workmen with, but here's one way to care for Corydoras aeneus fry...

If you build a simple DIY flow-through container, you can float that in your tank, maintain common water chemistry, and feed them everything from Sera micron to baby brine shrimp.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, Fishy101 said:

My female cory laid eggs awhile and I have some the babies right now in another tank, however, she laid eggs again! And I don't have much room to spare, so I couldn't take all of the eggs into the separate container, but they starting hatching anywhere from late last night to mid-day today, and right now I have about ten of them. Last time it actually took them awhile to grow to where I could put them into the tank, and then they started growing quite fast (more space and more food perhaps)? So, I was wondering this time around what food and temperature would be suggested to keep them at to help promote fast growth (as well as a clean environment)? For foods, I saw that there was sera micron growth food and repashy spawn and grow, would that be something recommended or would you suggest something else? And other information to help them grow up healthy and happy would be appreciated!

If you're having issue with space, I would just leave them in the tank where they were laid.  They will eat off mulm and they will typically hide and come out at night.  If you're specifically trying to raise / keep a lot more corydoras, that's when you'd want to pull the eggs and hatch them to increase your yields.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2022 at 12:33 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

If you're having issue with space, I would just leave them in the tank where they were laid.  They will eat off mulm and they will typically hide and come out at night.  If you're specifically trying to raise / keep a lot more corydoras, that's when you'd want to pull the eggs and hatch them to increase your yields.

100% agree with this. Even with me pulling eggs about 3x a week I still get survivors popping up in my main tank without any intervention on my own part. It might be fun to hand raise some but you completely can have some survive on their own in your main tank as well. Life finds a way!!  They are amazing at hiding. I sometimes can't find them in an empty breeder box!!  And they always find food!

• Like 2