Geophagus Jurupari and aquasoil

procyg

Hi All...I havent been able to find any real info on this...i have a 75 gallon with ADA aquasoil as my substrate.  i didnt cap it with sand and it is too established at this point to mess with it.  i am looking for a new cichlid to add to my tank and was thinking about the geophagus jurupari.  I know they are supposed to be in a soft sandy bottom but not sure if aquasoil qualifies.  I am aware they might uproot a few of the plants but i am not that concerned as most have had plenty of time to establish a good root system...

thanks

thanks...

current stocking is 10 Serpae Tetras, 7 Cardinals, 5 Black Neons, 1 Bolivian Ram, 1 Electric Blue Acara, 1 SAE and 1 Bristlenose Pleco.  (3 nerites and MTS as well)  My Acara is a rescue and has virtually no dorsal fin and a stunted pectoral fin and is very docile and has virtually no electric blue scales (they are all just a flat blue).  My LFS has a few options and i am torn between the geophagus, a pair of Rainbow Cichlids, or a keyhole.  

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

On 8/9/2022 at 8:29 AM, procyg said:

thanks...

My LFS has a few options and i am torn between the geophagus, a pair of Rainbow Cichlids, or a keyhole.  

I think a keyhole would be a great addition! Don’t have experience with them, but quite docile from what I have read.

On 8/9/2022 at 8:29 AM, procyg said:

IMG_6340.jpg

Also poor baby, but it seems it’s thriving and living it’s best life!

• Like 1

The LFS sold the keyhole before i could get it so i picked up 2 Rainbow Cichlids and a Tiny Electric Blue Acara.  They are currently in my 10 Gallon QT tank and the cichlids have already laid eggs.  They were infertile and i was just about to clean the ornament they laid on but looks like they she ate them.  My guess is i have 2 females but must be a good sign that they have already laid eggs.