Favorite Gardening Youtubers?

PineSong

I know we have some gardeners here, both flower and veg. I'm wondering if anyone has favorite gardening YouTube channels?

I mostly watch Jim Putnam who gardens in Raleigh, NC because his soil and climate are similar to mine. He began his current garden at the same time I moved into my home and started with a blank slate, so it has been fun to watch his garden evolve over the past couple of years. He also features other people's gardens in tour videos.

I also watch the British channel The Middle-Sized Garden even though their growing conditions are quite unlike mine, because I just love that BBC vibe.

I also watch Linda Vater, Garden Answer, and Northlawn Flower Farm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the recommendations, I have been looking to find some to my area, I found a few house plant ones I like but another recommendation to throw out because it’s aquarium related is plant life project YouTube, he grows a ton of different plants riparium style, I am trying to do something similar but with gardening type plants, tomato’s, peppers and a mulberry tree 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:49 AM, Patrick_G said:

I’m a huge fan of Monty Don on bbc. 

It never dawned on me that there might be gardeners in my area on YouTube! Thanks for the idea @PineSong

My cousin went to a garden party and lecture with Monty Don and she got the opportunity to meet him and ask questions when she got her chance all she could  think to ask was how to get rid/prevent dandelions from her lawn.

(She isn't the most green fingered of the family I the reason she was there was just Monty)

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2022 at 8:30 AM, Flumpweesel said:

My cousin went to a garden party and lecture with Monty Don and she got the opportunity to meet him and ask questions when she got her chance all she could  think to ask was how to get rid/prevent dandelions from her lawn.

(She isn't the most green fingered of the family I the reason she was there was just Monty)

So lucky! I’d love to meet the world’s most famous gardener.  I’d be a flurry of emotion and I’m sure I would ask him some stupid question akin to “how many goldfish can you fit in a 10 gallon”.  😁

• Haha 2

I forgot to mention this gentleman who I spent many dozens of hours watching during COVID lockdown. I do not even grow bonsai but find the videos inspiring and his explanations and presentation very enjoyable and I love to watch the transformations, especially when he's styling shrubs he got from the trash or a big box store for $10.

I love his tour video, too:

• Like 3

On 8/7/2022 at 10:01 PM, TheDukeAnumber1 said:

I used to watch MI Gardener a little but haven't watched any gardening youtubers since. I enjoy absorbing gardening info from modern and old timey books, but mosty from trying it myself. For me gardening has been a fun adventure learning on my own.

I have been learning gardening since I had my first little 9 foot square plot in grad student housing in 1989 (!)

I've had to learn and relearn for different climates and soil types as I've relocated to different parts of the US, plus I'm not a quick study. I'd say it took me 20 years to really get it through my thick noggin that I wasn't gardening in the south of England and I've improved a lot since then 🙂

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 2:31 AM, PineSong said:

I wasn't gardening in the south of England

This drives me batty - I am about a month to 6 weeks behind the south and no one ever mentions the difference in the seasons as you move north. You just have to watch and wait. I get very confused by the Zone system in the US but I think its a better idea than just ignoring the different conditions.