All of these floating plants!

I've finally joined the club of "what to do with all these extra plants?!?" Every time I do maintenance on my 29gal and 9gal, I'm removing quit a bit of water spangles and amazon frogbit.

Which had me thinking, what are some alternatives to just throwing the plants away? I figured I'll call the few LFS here and see if they would take any. I also have two cats, one which loves to graze on grass, house plants, cat grass, etc. Has anyone tried seeing if the plants are edible for other pets..? I thought I could make a post on social media/craigslist and see if I could sell some..?

Wondering what you guys do!

On 8/1/2022 at 3:12 PM, CrashBandit05 said:

I've finally joined the club of "what to do with all these extra plants?!?" Every time I do maintenance on my 29gal and 9gal, I'm removing quit a bit of water spangles and amazon frogbit.

Which had me thinking, what are some alternatives to just throwing the plants away? I figured I'll call the few LFS here and see if they would take any. I also have two cats, one which loves to graze on grass, house plants, cat grass, etc. Has anyone tried seeing if the plants are edible for other pets..? I thought I could make a post on social media/craigslist and see if I could sell some..?

Wondering what you guys do!

I saw a Youtube video where someone took them out and completely dried them in the sun, then crushed them up to almost a powder and fed it back to his fish.

• Like 2