Water splashing

NanotankBank

Stupid question, but I've noticed no matter which filters I use, bubbles pop, and splashing occurs (obviously). The thing is the opening in the tank lid (where the HOB filter hangs) allows water to sort of splash out and accumulate over time. Does anyone have an idea to stop it before it piles up and causes water damage of some sort?

I use kitchen cling wrap around spaces where fish can jump out. It can also stop splashing from sponge filters and like that.

Not being able to see your setup, you could probably place it across from the lid and over the filter. It doesn't need to be air-tight or anything. Just enough so water's not collecting on the lid.

You can also lower the water level a bit ... but you don't want the level low enough that the falling water makes noise. That'll drive you crazy.

Use airline tubing to make a corral around your HOB. So the outflow will hopefully go under the airline, and any air bubbles will stay away from the opening. Actually, this was recommended on i believe girl talks fish youtube channel https://www.etsy.com/listing/1080391207/aquarium-floating-plant-corral-including?click_key=971ebb35a2940b7903389448f96c547bfe6231e2%3A1080391207&click_sum=8b7c0020&ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1. But just some airline tubing sealed in a circle or at ends connected to a suction cup works. Edit: here's the video I saw 

Edited by Melkor

On 7/31/2022 at 5:18 PM, pjust9 said:

Stupid question, but I've noticed no matter which filters I use, bubbles pop, and splashing occurs (obviously). The thing is the opening in the tank lid (where the HOB filter hangs) allows water to sort of splash out and accumulate over time. Does anyone have an idea to stop it before it piles up and causes water damage of some sort?

I can't say that I have ever seen water from the HOB splash out or above the lid.  Post a picture if you can.

You might try to trim and add a piece of the same backstrip that you have on the lid to narrow the opening.  That should keep the water in the tank.