Jump to content

Fantail Goldfish V Real Plants


Recommended Posts

Hi all 

this topic baffles me and I can never get a definitive answer which is almost the best part about this hobby 😂 

90% of workers at my local LFS say no chance you can keep plants with goldfish, the other 10% Yes no problem 

Corey says yes but they need to be fast growing

and Then the internet’s is somewhere between the two examples above.

sooooo you can have real plants but the goldfish are going to snack on them if not fed properly or will they just destroy everything in there path? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 4:17 AM, Damo.Lo said:

@Ken Burke that pond looks beautiful and healthy 👌

do you feed your goldfish often to reduce deforesting or they just don’t care for it? 

I feed.  A lot.  

On 7/31/2022 at 6:33 AM, Colu said:

I find getting the plants well established before add the gold fish works the best a have water lettuce and elodea in goldfish tanks

Good point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My goldfish where well fed would destroy moss balls (not helped my them being full of tasty tasty Cory eggs. 

But the mainly uprooted the plants rather than eat them, I'd be replanting everything daily I think I managed a well anchored anubias but anything in the gravel would spend more time floating than planted 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...