One year in...my original tank

It's a bit past a year ago that I set up this 20g long so I took an anniversary photo 🙂

I need to find homes for about 40 baby platies but other than that, I'm happy with the tank, lol. In addition to the platies, there are ginga guppies, blue star endlers, and a creamsicle molly, all males.

There's not a real background as the tank sits on the bar between kitchen and dining room, so I stuck a black posterboard behind it to make it easier to see the crowd. If there's ever any empty space in the tank in future, I'd like to try Santa Maria endlers next.

IMG_9697.jpg.073818c99a2d3b7f31087d09a1ee9586.jpg

Edited by PineSong
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

On 7/10/2022 at 9:36 PM, Patrick_G said:

Love those platies! What are they called? 

The original three blue females were in the tank of mixed platies at the local Feeders Supply, so I'm not sure they are a named strain. The male I brought home with them did not survive QT, and I could not find any other blue ones anywhere so I ordered a Green Lantern male from Aquabid. None of the babies are quite like the mothers, who are a blue/purple like blueberries with white fins. The babies are more like blue with black. 

Also, looks like there are some like the moms on Aquabid right now, listed as Electric Blue Platies.

Edited by PineSong
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 9:09 PM, PineSong said:

It's a bit past a year ago that I set up this 20g long so I took an anniversary photo 🙂

I need to find homes for about 40 baby platies but other than that, I'm happy with the tank, lol. In addition to the platies, there are ginga guppies, blue star endlers, and a creamsicle molly, all males.

There's not a real background as the tank sits on the bar between kitchen and dining room, so I stuck a black posterboard behind it to make it easier to see the crowd. If there's ever any empty space in the tank in future, I'd like to try Santa Maria endlers next.

IMG_9697.jpg.073818c99a2d3b7f31087d09a1ee9586.jpg

Very nice!!  🙂