My betta, Sick or changing colour?

Miss.Chelle.Aus

E88B0E02-84B1-4E20-AEBC-E9D50C757DF9.jpeg.e42966a169ebb4c2e020fae0472ae482.jpegMy white betta Casper has started showing these weird markings.  No illness at all ( I did quarantine & treat just in case) a month later still there.  Is it colour changing? Or something else… all water parameters are good, seems healthy otherwise.  Any ideas? Black spot on side back near tail & a few in fins under body.  He is about 6 months old  

cheers from Australia ❤️🇦🇺

05E7DD4B-3210-4144-9BAF-228F124A99B6.jpeg

1E6C5B54-E517-4BF6-84FE-629FC179ECB0.jpeg

C8B75CA2-6572-4FA9-A3C1-AE53326FAEAE.jpeg

Edited by Miss.Chelle.Aus

As Betta fish get older you can see some changes in pigments, where it is coming in around it's mouth in one photo I would think this is the case.  The only other thing I can think of is black spot disease but I don't know if bettas can get that.  Especially with you quarantining your fish and depending on what you treated them with.  I would keep an eye on it but I feel like it is just aging. 

• Haha 1

Welcome to the forums!  I will be honest and say that I don't know and I don't have a good idea of what it could be.

It looks like maybe the betta hurt himself somehow?  Is there anything sharp where he could've wounded himself in the body section?

I would suggest starting by improving aeration with an extra airstone while waiting for other people to chime in.

• Love 1

I would definitely get some Indian almond leafs for the natural tannins and antiseptic but I’m sure someone else will know more on here we use fritz tannin leaf extract plus leafs in the tank

it healed our bettas fin a couple months back so we always recommend it! 
hope your betta baby gets to feeling better soon!