Lets talk about Quantine Tanks

Axredx

So, I have not had a chance to scroll thru all these great threads and I hope I'm not asking for something that is already there. So my question is simple. How to set up a quarantine tank, say a 20 gallon. I'm thinking bare bottom with sponge air filter, heater to warm up, and a combo of meds. How easy it it to cycle a clear tank with nothing? I never tried one, but I'm getting ready to have one as I hate treating a whole tank if its not necessary. I would love advice on how to go about it. I have seen lots of videos that show quarantine tanks but never how to do from scratch and maintain for when you need. I thank everyone in advance for great advice.  BTW, I'm really loving this forum, all the peeps here are friendly, polite, and the combined experience of 8k+ members. I'll be darn if I don't learn something everyday. Thanks

• Love 1

• Administrators

Yes, a bare bottom tank is just fine. You can cycle it just like any other aquarium. To keep the bacteria alive, simply sprinkle in some fish food every few days.