Identify Snail

twodaend

What kind of sail is this?  I'm seeing more of these around and I'm not sure what kind of snail they are.  They are in my RCS only tank.  Is there a way to get rid of them, without harming the shrimp?

PXL_20220429_002120500.MP - Copy.jpg

PXL_20220429_002128491 - Copy.jpg

Edited by twodaend
  • Like 1

That is a Bladder snail.  Yes you can use traps it won’t completely get rid of them but helps control numbers. They are beneficial to shrimp tanks and many shrimp keepers swear by snails…myself included. Their digestion is poor so their waste grow all the right bacteria stuff for shrimp. 
They feed on detritus and are mini housekeeper gardeners maintaining plants and cleaning hooks and crannies so I don’t have to. 
They reproduce to the amount of excess food, and detritus/algae/ mulm available.  They are Mother Natures clean up crew. 
 I respect that not everyone finds beauty in them or enjoys them like me. There are other harsh chemical methods folks use for extermination but I’m unfamiliar with those. Best of luck whichever way you decide. 

Here are some info videos

Edited by Guppysnail
  • Like 1

g

On 6/23/2022 at 2:06 PM, Guppysnail said:

That is a Bladder snail.  Yes you can use traps it won’t completely get rid of them but helps control numbers. They are beneficial to shrimp tanks and many shrimp keepers swear by snails…myself included. Their digestion is poor so their waste grow all the right bacteria stuff for shrimp. 
They feed on detritus and are mini housekeeper gardeners maintaining plants and cleaning hooks and crannies so I don’t have to. 
They reproduce to the amount of excess food, and detritus/algae/ mulm available.  They are Mother Natures clean up crew. 
 I respect that not everyone finds beauty in them or enjoys them like me. There are other harsh chemical methods folks use for extermination but I’m unfamiliar with those. Best of luck whichever way you decide. 

Here are some info videos

Agree, that is definitely a bladder snail.