My favorite plant trimming scissors

MickS77

These scissors have been awesome for 3 three years. No rust or dulling of the blade. I like the long cutting blade because it speeds up the trimming and large bush of stems plants. Great for cutting carpeting plants evenly too. The full size scissor handle is much easier to use than the aqua scraping scissors with only two small finger holes. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IJ56SW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_s.0eFbF9GAN07

20200718_152747.jpg

20200718_152757.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"We are going to have to get a bigger pair of scissors" Mike Senski - 2013

Once you have to crawl inside the aquarium to do the layout because it is 3 ft deep, after it is filled with water you will need a pair of these:

Tweezers.jpg.9761ef418798376053d8997514ad870f.jpg

And I don't mean kittens...all of your aquascaping tools need to be 2/3s of a meter long!

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

"We are going to have to get a bigger pair of scissors" Mike Senski - 2013

Once you have to crawl inside the aquarium to do the layout because it is 3 ft deep, after it is filled with water you will need a pair of these:

Tweezers.jpg.9761ef418798376053d8997514ad870f.jpg

And I don't mean kittens...all of your aquascaping tools need to be 2/3s of a meter long!

Agreed! My tank is 30in deep. I have those scissors as well but I need those long tweezers next 

17 minutes ago, MickS77 said:

I have those scissors as well but I need those long tweezers next 

I dropped a beam focuser off a light this afternoon and it fluttered down between 2 pieces of driftwood beneath 36 inches of water. If I hadn't had those tweezers...my wife would have to have gotten in the tank to get it back.

Once she changed out the gravel in this tank swearing and cursing my name the whole time she was in the tank. Peaceful marital relations weren't restored until I got her the nice racing bike she had been wanting 🙂

Edited by Daniel
Couldn't spell restored properly
  • Haha 1

1483503915_Wifeandtank.jpg.919fc558882c44941b483546b67e5765.jpg

That's her on the stationary bike, and that's my ersatz Diana Walstad 'I just dug up my lawn and put it in an aquarium' project I started a few days ago. The anacharis isn't from my lawn, I am just holding it for a friend. Actually his daughter needs it for a science project, I am holding on to it until she is ready for it.

Edited by Daniel
put it in *an* aquarium