Betta Dying

JaredL

My betta seems not long for this world. Has localized swelling near dorsal fin w pineconing. He's not bloated. Have treated w med trio to no avail. Only thing I can think to try now is treating for gram negative bacteria. What do you guys recommend to treat it?Maracyn 2? Kanaplex?

20201020_143250.jpg

Before I "started dumping medicine in" I tested water. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 5ppm, Ph 8, Temp 78. GH and KH are normal for my tanks. Been using med trio for a week. I first treated for constipation as only a swim bladder issue presented with sinking to bottom tail first. Fasted for 3 days followed by attempted peas(wouldn't eat) then a small amount of daphnia that were eaten. No improvement after that so began with med trio as no other symptoms were present. Pineconing lump appeared a day into treating w meds and energy dramtically decreased.

Edited by JaredL

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

@JaredL Sorry to hear about your betta 😞 the swelling appears to be an internal lump, personally not something I would treat with meds... especially if the trio has already been run. I wish the best for the little guy. Keeping his water as clean as possible and minimizing stress would be the actions I would take.