Water Wisteria vs Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus

Hello all! I am wanting to get a new background plant that is pretty lush and easy to grow that can do well with medium to high light, no co2, and easy green and root tabs. 

Out of the two plants listed, which ones would be easier to grow? I have a bout 8 hours of light going on each day on a timer, 78 degrees temp, and slightly harder water. Trimming won’t be a problem I just want something that is going to blow up with growth and take over my background. If you had to recommend one which would it be?

I think octopus is easier. Octopus is way more stringy and fast growing. (At least in my tank) And the octopus will grow up to the top and swirl over, like val.

The wisteria is way more full and lush. Makes a nice, thick shrubbery kinda thing when it's trimmed. The octopus is easier to plant things in front of or under.

They're both pretty easy though.

Thank you all! Should I get a few to start out with or will one get me where I am wanting to go over time? Don’t need super fast results, but wouldn’t mind it being pretty full from left to right and at least halfway from the top in a month or two. 

On 5/26/2022 at 4:37 PM, Paul R said:

Don’t need super fast results, but wouldn’t mind it being pretty full from left to right and at least halfway from the top in a month or two. 

I’d say get a few pots. They’ll reach the surface quickly and then you can trim the tops and replant them to fill in left to right. 

• Thanks 1