Lancaster County Aquarium Society club

Guppysnail

Does anyone here belong. I’m thinking of making the drive Saturday for one of the meetings. 
Some questions please 

Can I just show up? Is there anything I should know because I have never attended any club type thing for any hobby.  Any info you care to share in general would be great.

Thanks for your help! 

also tagging @SJ fishing and @Tihshho I think you folks are near there. 

I have never been, sorry.  Pretty sure they have a website and you might be able to find some answers there.  Or at the very least a contact person.  I am a member to three clubs and they allow people to attend a meeting or two before joining.

Good Luck

https://www.aclcpa.org/

I think that is the link

• Thanks 2

On 5/16/2022 at 8:31 AM, Brian said:

I have never been, sorry.  Pretty sure they have a website and you might be able to find some answers there.  Or at the very least a contact person.  I am a member to three clubs and they allow people to attend a meeting or two before joining.

Good Luck

They have a Facebook website. I do not/will not do social media other than this forum so cannot really access that info is why I reached out to the nerms here. They recently started an actual website but it does not appear to be fully operational yet and only has info on the June or July event. 

I hope this club is like the ones you mentioned that just allows me to show up.  

I just spoke with my buddy.  He really didn’t want me giving out his number but he did tell me they allow people to come to a meeting and get/gather information before becoming a member.  
Have fun and best of luck 

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 9:20 AM, Brian said:

I just spoke with my buddy.  He really didn’t want me giving out his number but he did tell me they allow people to come to a meeting and get/gather information before becoming a member.  
Have fun and best of luck 

Thank you so much. I just confirmed with hubby we can go since it’s after the reptile expo that morning. 

Yep you can just show up.  There is an auction at the end of the meeting for plants, snails, fish that people bring in so bring some cash if you may want to take anything home.  I saw some really good deals.   Seems the meetings are around 1.5 to 2 hours and will have  food as well.  Hope you enjoy it!   Not sure if I can make it or not, trying to reschedule some things 

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 10:58 AM, SJ fishing said:

Yep you can just show up.  There is an auction at the end of the meeting for plants, snails, fish that people bring in so bring some cash if you may want to take anything home.  I saw some really good deals.   Seems the meetings are around 1.5 to 2 hours and will have  food as well.  Hope you enjoy it!   Not sure if I can make it or not, trying to reschedule some things 

I’m hoping to join to have a resource for quality fish as well as a venue to sell my myriad gobs of babies. 

Update: went to Saturday meeting and LOVED it! Turns out it was a 50th anniversary and a joint meeting with The Cichlid Club of York.  Turns out The Cichlid Club of York is a regular fish club not just for cichlids.  I joined BOTH 😁. The york one meets 15 minutes from my house. I’m very excited. I’m not real social but to interact and exchange fish is very exciting.  Thanks for all the info folks 🤗

• Like 1