Male or Female?

Spoolin

Hello all-

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, but could someone help me confirm if I have a male or female Golden Ram? Can provide more pictures if necessary! 

These two been pecking at the rock for weeks, but no eggs yet unfortunately.

Thank you!

CE2097BF-B01A-4EA2-95A8-F951DA419964.jpeg

A4B8CCBD-96C2-460D-9AB0-C1B089A9E546.jpeg

5DDABB7F-B4AB-4854-BC80-382D78DC5A9D.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 3:47 AM, Fish Folk said:

I think the golden ram is a male. If you can shoot and upload a video, sometimes that helps clarify. I cannot tell about the normal-colored GBR, but I’m leaning towards male also.

Hope this helps! 

• Thanks 1

I’m doing to double-down on my “two males” assessment.

Front dorsal rays are too long for female. No darker pink cast to abdomen. Ventrals are long. Head is cast orange on both.

Here’s some of mine, L-R: F / M / F 

464409677_ScreenShot2022-05-15at12_56_51AM.png.e2626ceb6a42a625a9b2ef48546cd3dd.png

Edited by Fish Folk

Beautiful GBR’s!

Is it possible that 2 males could of paired with each other? I had 2 other normal GBR’s in the tank, 1 male and 1 female, but after introducing this Golden Ram, they ended up killing the other 2.

On 5/15/2022 at 5:45 PM, Spoolin said:

Beautiful GBR’s!

Is it possible that 2 males could of paired with each other? I had 2 other normal GBR’s in the tank, 1 male and 1 female, but after introducing this Golden Ram, they ended up killing the other 2.

Yes, the entire animal kingdom has representatives from the LGBTQ community, it just doesn't get talked about in high school biology classes. 

Check out Isabella Rossellini's videos on animal sex (versus reproduction). Just finish your coffee first, or you'll spew on your phone. They are hysterical. 

• Haha 2