Importing Guppies from Over seas

Hi everyone!

Working on building out my fish room and decided to put all my guppies in the 625 stock tank pond. But looks a little bare with how many i have. Tank is 8’ diameter 2’ tall. 

does anyone know any reputable importers for guppies from overseas or anywhere really. Thinking of bringing in a few hundred. Have an extra 110 gallon tank they can quarantine in. Appreciate the help!

• Like 1

I’d load it up with plants, and then order ca. 20 pairs or trios of high quality. You’ll have millions before long.

A word of caution with imports…

Some breeders work with brackish conditions because the salinity is easy to come by (sea water is rather free) and because it keeps away many of the common freshwater illnesses. But as soon as they hit our waters… diseases crash them.

So… if you’re importing livebearers, take care to run them through the “med trio.”

• Like 1

If you have no way to measure salinity a TDS meter to look at the water they come in would be helpful. If you find they are in a high TDS water @Fish Folkspeaks the truth that most likely the mineral content is due to sea salt. I keep instant ocean around for this purpose and it has pulled some of my livebearers from the brink. Best of luck would love to do this some day perhaps in the setting of a club. Cheers and have fun!

• Like 1