Black Neon carrying eggs or??

xXInkedPhoenixX

@Chick-In-Of-TheSea yep something like that I suppose. I'm keeping an eye on them. They're really hard to catch- if I decide to do salt soaks to see if it helps they'll end up in a floating breeder in the tank and I'm not sure I want to do that or not- that created a lot of stress for them being separated from their tankmates. So it's really a matter of 6 of one, half dozen of another/catch 22 stuff. 

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

@Ron Uni hey there. It's hard to say. So right now one of my Black Neons is still fat like this. I had another one recently that was fat and very pale so I removed "her" (my assumption that it was a female) and treated her with salt baths and Kanaplex. That Neon unfortunately passed. So I cannot say for sure if that Neon is the one in this thread or the other one I see now that is fat but full of color. I have had baby Neons before so it's entirely possible she is full of eggs. I never really was able to diagnose. 

• Thanks 2

Do you know what pH level helped spawn, I'm reading the like more acidic water to spawn in.

Other places say neutral so, I'm a little confused. I want to make conditions right if she wants to lay her eggs and if not treat her for whatever she's got.

• Like 1