CPDs and Female Betta

Stef

Hi All.  Curious to get your thoughts on moving a young female betta (Cambodian Red sold as a baby betta from PetCo) from her 3 gal into a 5 gal with 6 CPDs?  The only other inhabitants in the 5 gal are a single Amano shrimp and a nerite snail.  The CPDs seem quite happy and healthy and colored up. The 3 gal that the female betta is in has been my plant holding tank which I'm planning to move the plants into other tanks and take it down.  I'm running 7 nano tanks and 1 20 gal at the moment and I've reached my MTS limit, sadly.  The female betta is quite a fireball. Very feisty. I know it's hit or miss with betta aggression but the 5 gal is on the small side.  Not sure if she'll be as territorial as males, but like I said she's a fireball, flares at her reflection, very active swimmer, jumps at my fingers before I even drop her food in. I've had her since March this year.  What about the other way around?  Could CPDs be nippy even though she doesn't have flowy fins?

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

Keeping and eye on them is good advice. Any mix of betta + (fish or shrimp) hasn't worked for me but watching helped avoid issues. I put 3 corydoras in with a betta in a 10gal and he immediately chased them continuously, I quickly separated them. I had one female in a 45gal and added some ghost shrimp, over night she murdered them all and caused a spike that killed some tetras I had in a breeder box, didn't watch and paid for the mistake.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, Stef said:

wasn't sure about 6 on 1

My group of 15 at the time were with one longfin guppy that bullied everyone and got put in their tank.  So on the CPD side you will be fine. I had a male betta with 10 neon tetras that were all fine but he was super chill. Shrimp would hitch rides on his back. 

Edited by Guppysnail
Typos lots 🤣