Orange spot on my pleco

Sarahv

My pleco is about 4 years old and is fairly large, healthy, and active.  About two months ago I noticed a small orange spot on his underside and now it is growing.  Just worried and can’t find anything online that looks similar. Any suggestion? 91F73761-7CED-4E16-8C86-F7B48528B033.jpeg.5d3afd88b9d0d71577d2b5ca768e7c0d.jpeg91F73761-7CED-4E16-8C86-F7B48528B033.jpeg.5d3afd88b9d0d71577d2b5ca768e7c0d.jpeg

That looks like fish waste coming out of his vent @Atomicfish I haven't seen this before looked though my disease books couldn't find anything similar what I would do is treat with with API fungus cure active ingredient is Victoria green and acriflavine   and follow that up with a broad spectrum antibiotic treatment such as kanaplex  that will cover fungal and bacterial if you can I would Qarantine and treat to avoid unnecessary stress on your other fish during treatment @Sarahv

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

@Colu  thank you so much.  I know - it’s unusual and I can’t find anything:( There is another pleco and other fish in the tank and they look fine.  I have quarantined and will start a fungus/bacteria treatment.  He’s really a beautiful big guy!  I’m so worried about him!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2022 at 3:35 PM, Sarahv said:

@Colu  thank you so much.  I know - it’s unusual and I can’t find anything:( There is another pleco and other fish in the tank and they look fine.  I have quarantined and will start a fungus/bacteria treatment.  He’s really a beautiful big guy!  I’m so worried about him!

Let us no how he's doing after the Frist course of treatment  I would be interested in following as I have never seen this before hopefully the treatment I have recommended will do the trick