Repashy

JessLynne7

@Bev C

i totally understand and can relate. I had an aquarium and was not doing things the right way. I started reading and learning and stepping my game up.

no local clubs or anyone for me either. I in WV.

it’s ok to enjoy the hobby but I get it bc people look at you like your taking things too far. Kinda makes me mad. Why can’t I just enjoy myself and my hobby lol

• Like 1

@JessLynne7   I am from WV too..  I grew up there then married  moved to North Carolinia  after My divorce I took a early retirement and I move back to WV to be near family and help with a aging mother and brother with Parkinson’s  

the only thing i found was a facebook page for the state but they usually just have things for trade or sale  .

My family and friends  listens  but they look at me not another plant or fish  story 

It is a pleasure chatting with you glad to know there is another person from WV too ,,  happy we. can come here and chat   I love watching  and reading the  Journal Section  i have learn allot from others there 

On 5/18/2022 at 12:41 PM, JessLynne7 said:

plexiglass is easier to cut. You just need a grinder or hand saw.  Cut out holes for filter and slide it on and off tank. I will send pic when I get home

Just as a heads up for anyone who was reading the lid stuff and trying to "make it really easy"  They do have "plastic cutters" similar in form / function to glass cutters. It's a sharp edge that you can use with a straight edge and cut sheets of plastic pretty easily. You'd end up snapping it after you're halfway through the plastic and it would function basically the same as if you were using a glass cutter and glass.

It is a great way to cut lexan by hand and avoid the issue of warping that you get with plexi.

ON to the repashy though,

I finally made a batch of community blend and fed it to the corys.  The black corys still don't seem too interested but eventually made their way.  The pandas did enjoy it.  I don't know that they've ever seen this variety before.   Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully they understand what it is this time!

On 5/24/2022 at 1:52 AM, Bev C said:

@JessLynne7   I am from WV too..  I grew up there then married  moved to North Carolinia  after My divorce I took a early retirement and I move back to WV to be near family and help with a aging mother and brother with Parkinson’s  

the only thing i found was a facebook page for the state but they usually just have things for trade or sale  .

My family and friends  listens  but they look at me not another plant or fish  story 

It is a pleasure chatting with you glad to know there is another person from WV too ,,  happy we. can come here and chat   I love watching  and reading the  Journal Section  i have learn allot from others there 

Aww that awesome! A wv girl!! We also get left out of clubs and stuff lol.

I am in northern wv in Marion county.

I like reading on here as well. Definitely a way to learn a lot! @Bev C

On 5/24/2022 at 4:20 AM, JessLynne7 said:

Aww that awesome! A wv girl!! We also get left out of clubs and stuff lol.

I am in northern wv in Marion county.

I like reading on here as well. Definitely a way to learn a lot! @Bev C

Alps @Bev Ccare giving is hard. I had to do that for my gma. I hope your fish and the hobby gives you some peace of mind and something that makes you happy!

I know it helps me with stress 

On 5/24/2022 at 2:45 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Just as a heads up for anyone who was reading the lid stuff and trying to "make it really easy"  They do have "plastic cutters" similar in form / function to glass cutters. It's a sharp edge that you can use with a straight edge and cut sheets of plastic pretty easily. You'd end up snapping it after you're halfway through the plastic and it would function basically the same as if you were using a glass cutter and glass.

It is a great way to cut lexan by hand and avoid the issue of warping that you get with plexi.

ON to the repashy though,

I finally made a batch of community blend and fed it to the corys.  The black corys still don't seem too interested but eventually made their way.  The pandas did enjoy it.  I don't know that they've ever seen this variety before.   Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully they understand what it is this time!

I’ve never tried to community plus but I know the fish smell the repashy and come running.  Your will too I’m sure of it. It’s crazy what a huge hit it can be! The barbs won’t let it hit the ground and pass it back and forth like a ball.

your also right about glass and plastic cutters for plexiglass and lexan. I did not have those tools to use and had to use a hand saw and grinder

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My main aquarium contains assassin snails, cardinal tetras, Congo tetras, sterbai corydoras, kubotai loaches, ancistrus & our old striped Raphael catfish pair.

I've tried cubes & slivers of igapo explorer, morning wood & mixing the two, but they just don't seem to like it. Maybe next time I'll try the stick dip method & see if they'll be more interested if it is at the middle of the water column.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:29 PM, Katherine said:

@Tazalanche Maybe this is what you mean by slivers, but I have to spoon feed repashy for all but 1 fish to take it. Really small pieces, like just a little larger than their normal pellets. I break off a tiny piece with the spoon, dip it into the tank so the piece falls off, and repeat.

That's basically what I did. I used plant tweezers to chunk up a cube into small slices.

• Like 1