Nano Air Pump

Zac

On 4/23/2022 at 11:35 AM, Zac said:

For those who have the nano air pump, would it supply enough air for a medium sponge filter in a 29 gallon? I’m considering running 2 for easy cycling of a quarantine tank 

I don't think it would because of the depth of the tank. I have a nano tank and the sponge. I have had issues with pretty much every airpump and tank depth until I switched to the "pond" version that just has slightly better depth strength. 

With the nano's I've seen, there is a variation in power. Mine is on the weaker side of the spectrum and I only use it for airstones.

• Thanks 1

It would also depend upon the airstone used. The more restrictive the airstone, the more pressure is needed. A deep tank like the 29g will also require more pressure. I would recommend a Zeiss Never Clog Airstone, that way you can adjust the airstone restriction to get the air flow you want.

Edited by Widgets
Stupid typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2022 at 1:15 PM, Widgets said:

It would also depend upon the airstone used. The more restrictive the airstone, the more pressure is needed. A deep tank like the 29g will also require more pressure. I would recommend a Zeiss Never Clog Airstone, that way you can adjust the airstone restriction to get the air flow you want.

Absolutely.  For my case I had the medium / large sponges from ACO and the Ziss air stones.  I had them in the tank and I had about 70% of the flow I wanted.  Some peoples preferences (and tolerances on the pump as well as the restriction on the felt discs) are all going to play into "this works."

If you want to have a fish that demands a good amount of flow. I might suggest the normal ACO pump or something from tetra. If you want to have a betta, might be perfect. It's all relative.

• Like 1