Who makes a really good cell phone?

Tanked

On 4/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, Guppysnail said:

We are not tech folks. We had no idea. Hubby will be heartbroken 😭 

Yea; LG always made interesting phones the problem is that the market wasn't ripe for interesting phones. While their tvs made billions the phones bled billions; so it was only a matter of time.

• Love 1

On 4/19/2022 at 9:22 AM, Tanked said:

It would not surprise me that they bricked it.  google said they were going to disable the music play app, but I could subscribe to YouTube. (Why do they keep reinstalling it on the new phone?) HP disabled their remote print service, and Microsoft OneNote is "unable to connect to the server.  All of this occurred before the 3G cutoff.

As long as our devices rely on subscription services, we do not truly own them.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, anewbie said:

have a samsung ultra note 20 (last samsung phone with an sd slot) and it is ok

Well crud. I love my J-star. Up until an update last year I still had a manual focus option on the camera (why my photo quality has deteriorated), and I love having a 128 GB SD card in my phone that I can trade out with the larger SD card in my GoPro...

Really getting tired of the programmed obsolescence combined with higher prices....

On 4/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, anewbie said:

apple makes bloody good hardware but their software is crap and i will never buy one. My mom has an apple and i dread touching the crap every time she needs help. 

I'm trying not to rant against Apple too much, but it is so darn easy.

A friend swears by the Apple products "because they are so intuitive" I get to keep asking if it is so intuitive, why am I the one trying to fix it for you"?🤣

It has been a while, but I think Hawuei was one of the first phones with confirmed security flaws.  I'm not sure it matters, because most of our phones have Chinese components or were assembled in China.

I won't miss SD slots quite as much as I will miss the FM radio app.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, drewzero1 said:

As long as our devices rely on subscription services, we do not truly own them.

The Apple faithful may soon find this to be true.

• Like 1