Night video camera to film fishes in 4 foot aquarium ?

anewbie

On 4/7/2022 at 1:48 AM, anewbie said:

My concern with these selection is will they work well with an aquarium ? I'm leaning towards the wyse v3 but not sure it will work well with an aquairum. I presume it has a tripod mount.

I think it will come down to what kind of image you are willing to settle for.  Unless you can get the lens flat against the glass you will see reflections of the IR (the eye of Sauron) or something else The external IR light sounds like a viable alternative, because the camera IR will make everything closest to the camera much brighter than distant objects.  The external light may allow you do illuminate distant objects.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:27 AM, Tanked said:

I think it will come down to what kind of image you are willing to settle for.  Unless you can get the lens flat against the glass you will see reflections of the IR (the eye of Sauron) or something else The external IR light sounds like a viable alternative, because the camera IR will make everything closest to the camera much brighter than distant objects.  The external light may allow you do illuminate distant objects.

I don't want publishable quality just enough to see if a fish attack the angels - but i suspect the camera will have to run 24/7 (er record) since some fishes are always in motion.

• Like 1