Endler livebearers breeding

Polemos

One of my females started having fry today and after having about 6 of them she pushed out these yellow transparent sacs so far four of them.  I know they don't lay eggs so what are these?  Also looking to find out how long until the color comes in on new fry since I have two different males in the tank I want to see what breed I'll have.20220319_140240.jpg.5028a330b5de15bf983406fe13ac946c.jpg20220319_140334.jpg.de385cc61f0af97d2661646d7bf884ac.jpg

The eggs develop internally. They occasionally do not get fertilized or do not develop. Nothing to worry over. Those get expelled along with viable fry. My guppies show black (first color to develop that turns to other colors) at 2-3 weeks I’m not certain how that compares to endlers. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:34 PM, Guppysnail said:

The eggs develop internally. They occasionally do not get fertilized or do not develop. Nothing to worry over. Those get expelled along with viable fry. My guppies show black (first color to develop that turns to other colors) at 2-3 weeks I’m not certain how that compares to endlers. 

Thank you for the help.  The info on endler livebearers is kind of minimal, and when I look them up it's always mixed with guppies info even though they are different breads.  I quickly went from eight fry to five so I had to move them to another set up since one of my females keeps eating them.  I'm crossing my fingers that the fry belong to the yellow tiger endler versus the basic orange one but I guess I'll have to wait for color to come in.

• Like 2

I have French blue star endlers and they take about four months to fully color up. I also have some endler/guppy hybrids and they take 4-6 months for all of their colors to show as vividly as they eventually do. 

Those are ballpark guesstimates. I bought my Endler trio in early September and the males coloring up now are from their second batch of fry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...