Individual Switches multi-plug outlet power surge suppressor strip

braids

I've been looking at different power strips and this is what I've found to have the best outlet spacing.  

Finding surge suppressors with individual switches has been a challenge. 

This is great for switching off power heads/wave makers during feedings or cleaning,  heaters,  etc.

For the price this gives the most outlets and most space between the outlets that I've been able to find.  If you know of a better product please post a link! 

https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop/tripp-lite-eco-surge-7-outlet-surge-protector-6-ft-black/apd/aa118265/power-cooling-data-center-infrastructure?ref=p13n_ena_pdp_vv&c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

Screenshot_20201014-132212_Firefox.jpg

original.png

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Yup no bending down and around furniture etc. lol

Gotchya. I have my power strips mounted up high (vs on the floor). I'm a moderate user of tech. I don't have all the gadgets lol. In my situation this manual button pushing is favourable. 

When I'm working with my tanks it's my time to disconnect with my "digicals and Google machines" (terms courtesy of YT'r Vice-Grip Garage lol).

I get the convenience of the Smart tools, but I don't want everything hooked up to something where I need to use an app on my phone.  I like the simplicity of a switch and not the interruption of focusing on my phone. It takes me out of my zen mode.

🙂

On 10/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, L.W. Wetarm said:

I use the exact same power strip and have it plugged into a individual GFCI plug in adapter. It’s nice when you’re doing a water change to be able to turn off the heater, canister and HOB, while leaving the light and air stones working. 

How long have you been using it? I presume you are happy with it 🙂

I’ve been using it for about 6 or 7 months now. It works great. I have it mounted on the up high on the back panel of the cabinet. I wasn’t really thinking about how I would have to practically lay down on the floor to see which switch I was switching. Consequently, I have become skilled at blindly feeling my way over from left to right. First three are what needs to be turned off for water change; canister, HOB, and heater. The other switches for air stones, light, and media reactor pump stay on. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, L.W. Wetarm said:

I’ve been using it for about 6 or 7 months now. It works great...   ...First three are what needs to be turned off for water change; canister, HOB, and heater. The other switches for air stones, light, and media reactor pump stay on. 

That's good to hear.  That's how I organize my plugins too.

I kind of trust the source (Dell), more than the pet industry. 

I wonder if their $25k guarentee would apply to our aquarium equipment 😄.