Pothos Grow Light

I was in aldi the other day and found this grow light on sale and thought it would be a good pothos grower. The only issue with it is it is either blue, red, or purple light. No White. I have been using a standard LED desk lamp on my 3 gallon tank(see footer links) that grows pothos pretty well, and I am pretty sure that either @Guppysnail or @Fish Folk does the same(can’t remember who, sorry!) so this will be in interesting experiment on what grows faster. 

The light also has settings for brightness and timers, so setting advice is appreciated. The light doesn’t really go into the tank, as there is a hood on it, but it illuminates the wall behind it. I don’t care if it causes algae on the back wall, and I might even like that, but I don’t want algae in the rest of the tank. Will the light cause that? Here are some pics. Thanks in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I flip my tanks lights at lights out, use regular room lights, or use the clip on terrestrial plant light.  Mine reflect off the back wall as well.  The back glass and pothos roots as well as plants immediately against the back wall do grow algae. I’m not an algae hater as long as it’s contained.  I leave it as food for my critters. Some weeks when my nerite is hiding I use his back wall daily munching track marks to verify he is doing ok.