A guy walks into a fish store........

Thats basically what this is... I've been looking all over for a 15 as a cheap(er) quarantine but also as a plant grow out/ display tank since I rarely use my quarantine to quarantine; except for new fish. Of course me being a nice guy (AKA Sucker!) and trying to support my local fish store, I went crazy!! 

20220315_162654.jpg

On 3/15/2022 at 4:05 PM, Apulo said:

I'm about to do this myself... Tank #3

I keep telling myself it's going to be a quarantine tank...

I'm not aware of any rules that require quarantine tanks to look like jail cells.  If you have the space, let it do double duty.  My quarantine/hospital tank is also a planted tank.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:11 AM, Tanked said:

I'm not aware of any rules that require quarantine tanks to look like jail cells.  If you have the space, let it do double duty.  My quarantine/hospital tank is also a planted tank.

I thought about this but I think I want to keep this one pretty minimal. No substrate, heater, and sponge filter.

I live less than a mile from Petco so I can just keep buying tanks if I get an itch 😉

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 10:11 AM, Tanked said:

I don't think its a rule, IMO a lot of people keep QT tanks simple for ease of the purpose intended. I look at it as maximizing valuable real-estate when not in use for the intended purpose! 🤣

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 8:47 AM, JoeQ said:

Would this count as lying to one's self, or just change of plans? 🤔🤥🤣

just do it, buy more tanks. its in your mind, its going to happen eventually. one thing ive learned in life, is once something gets in your head, you may as well go ahead and do it. do it now, and save the days and weeks of hemming and hawing over should you or shouldnt you, because you're going to do it anyways. may as well save the aggravation. and yes, i am an enabler, but i know of what i speak. been there, done that (many many times).😈

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 12:47 PM, lefty o said:

just do it, buy more tanks. its in your mind, its going to happen eventually. one thing ive learned in life, is once something gets in your head, you may as well go ahead and do it. do it now, and save the days and weeks of hemming and hawing over should you or shouldnt you, because you're going to do it anyways. may as well save the aggravation. and yes, i am an enabler, but i know of what i speak. been there, done that (many many times).😈

Space is limited, else I would have a fish room, with no tv just a big comfy lazy boy and a sink! 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 8:28 AM, Apulo said:

A stand, hinged glass lid, and a light.

I just replaced the heaters on both of my tanks with temperature controllers so I didn't need a heater 😂

A couple of sponge filters are on the way from ACO already.

Pretty high tech quarantine set up!!! LOVE IT! 🤣