Aquarium co-op ad

Danio Janet

My husband rushed up to me while I was peacefully enjoying some chili on the sofa tonight to show me that he had a Co-op ad on his YouTube. I have YouTube premium so I don’t see ads. I think it is crazy how YouTube tagged my husband as a fish nerd, presumably just because we are married (?). The dude has one 12 gallon salt water tank and I bought 99% of it. He is defiantly not a nerm. To those of you who have seen them - are the ads any good? It’s silly, but I feel like I’m missing out. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

I’m not sure the ones I saw were the ones you talk about. But if they are they are the best ads I’ve seen. Not hokie or hyped up at all. Kind of felt like I watched the beginning minutes of one of their videos. Almost like a friend saying hey I tried this it’s great you might like it.  Tastefully done. 

On 3/10/2022 at 2:17 AM, Danio Janet said:

I think it is crazy how YouTube tagged my husband as a fish nerd, presumably just because we are married (?). The dude has one 12 gallon salt water tank and I bought 99% of it. 

Actually kinda scary what YouTube puts together sometimes. I'll get some wierd video about some method for removing stumps or something and then sure enough the next day my bff says she's been watching  stump removal videos. Ummm, okay, Youtube. We are friends but not THAT twinsies.

The commercials seem like regular ACO content, maybe a little faster talking? IDK. Irene talks pretty quickly in her videos, too. I can tell ACO folks are not from the South, lol.

On 3/10/2022 at 4:33 PM, PineSong said:

Actually kinda scary what YouTube puts together sometimes.

Yeah, sometimes the stuff I watch shows up suggested for my husband or vice versa. We figured it out when I walked through the room while he was browsing and said "Oh, you watch that guy too?" Nope. He did not. And it wasn't at all related to other stuff he watched.

• Like 1

It's from the phones being in close proximity to one another. Try leaving the phone on while shopping at Tractor Supply, the recommended videos will be very interesting for a few days. Same happens with recommended news stories, and Amazon searches.

Theoretically, Apple/iPhone solved this with their update last year to prevent unauthorized collection of metadata. Android will (theoretically) catch up with the new Google information protection update they sped up a release for due to the recent hacking. If anyone uses FB, Meta freely shares all data, so... see what recommendations FB makes for videos, posts and ads?

Before we got YouTube family premium, we would even get video recs based on the neighbors viewing habits... 😂 but that doesn't seem to be happening as much, lol