Is my honey gourami going to be a daddy?

Karen B.

Greetings!

Lately, I had noticed my male and one of my female were courting. But I couldn’t see any bubble nest or anything and I had to do a WC.

But today, my male is agressively chasing everything that moves in the aquarium and by looking closer, I saw this.

Are these eggs or just bubbles? Are the eggs fertiles? Is there anything I should do? I didn’t think my Pikachu would become a daddy!
@laritheloud

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Oh no! The slight current from my HOB filter moved the floating plant and destroyed the bubble nest. 
I will have to think of a solutions… air tubing attached with fishing line in which I place a couple plants? Or is there better solution?

Aww congrats to you and Pikachu! Those certainly look like eggs to me. The first time my male got eggs out of Mom Fish, he didn’t have a bubble nest ready, so he just had to clump all the eggs together behind the powerhead.

You can put a sponge on your filter to slow the flow. Floating plants or a circle of airline tubing could also work. I know some people cut a plastic cup in half, turn it upside down so it forms a little cave, and suction it to the side of the tank at the water surface.

• Like 1